3SI is a small Seattle area consulting firm. Visa renewal or future sponsorship is not provided. Qualification for selection includes being a US resident or Green Card holder prior to starting work.
We seek a Business Intelligence Engineer who is mission driven and has exceptional technical, analytical, and quantitative problem-solving skills and demonstrated leadership abilities in a team environment. A Business Intelligence Engineer will successfully assess business needs and determine technical solutions to business problems. Qualified candidates have an excellent record of professional achievement, know how to adapt their knowledge, approach, and experience to a range of situations and circumstances, and want to make a positive impact. They work to exceed expectations, and they have a fervent desire to keep learning and growing.
Salary range is $120k – $135k and is commensurate with expertise and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is included.
Diversity and Inclusion
3Si is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. Social equity is a key premise of 3Si’s work and we aspire to reflect that value in the composition of our team. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse candidates, and candidates who identify as a minority to apply for this position.
Please send resume and cover letter to careers@team3Si.com.
As a Business Intelligence Engineer, responsibilities will include:
- Work with the technology team to design and develop data products, systems, and reports for external clients.
- Write high quality SQL code to retrieve and analyze data from multiple source systems.
- Analyze code (SQL and Python), identify inefficiencies, and design/develop/implement new and improved code.
- Develop high quality dashboards and visualizations in business intelligence tools that paint a story for our clients.
- Contribute to ongoing development and maintenance of an analytical Microsoft SQL server database.
- Design, build, manage, model, and maintain flexible data models from various sources, and ensure that these data sets can be used to analyze equity-based decisions and program outcomes.
- Troubleshoot data-quality issues, validate result sets, recommend and implement process and performance improvements for data. Analyze, synthesize, and communicate complex data-related issues clearly and succinctly to both internal colleagues and external clients.
- Work effectively with clients to understand 3Si data development, analyses, strategies, and plans.
- Contribute to the production of professional, thorough, rigorous, and insightful analyses and strategic outputs, including program reports/dashboards of targets, briefing documents, etc., especially in PowerPoint, Word, and/or Tableau.
- Contribute to formal and informal presentations to 3Si clients.
- Lead and manage multiple assignments simultaneously; demonstrate initiative in taking on additional responsibilities when needed, including applying new technological tools.
- 3 – 5 years of hands-on experience is required in the following areas:
- Writing complex and highly-optimized SQL code to integrate data from multiple source systems.
- Proficient in Python coding and Jupyter Notebook development.
- Building and designing data visualizations using business intelligence tools such as Tableau, Microsoft SSRS, and/or Power BI.
- Analyzing and interpreting data across multiple datasets and systems.
- Experience in the following areas is preferred:
- Scripting languages such as VBA, SAS, R.
- DataBricks development
- ETL tools such as SSIS, Ab Initio, and Informatica.
- Agile environments and tools such as Jira or Smartsheets.
- Emerging cloud platforms (Azure preferred).
- Master’s degree and/or experience in education-related initiatives or in a consulting-related position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to quickly learn new technological tools.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively both autonomously and in small teams in a highly fluid, fast-paced work environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to 3Si’s core mission and values in serving our philanthropic, not-for-profit, and government clients and the diverse populations and communities they serve.
- Self-motivator, who works hard and also has the capacity to not take oneself too seriously and have fun!